Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The good ole days

Growing up in Whittier was a fun time in our lives. Whittier 3rd Ward was a great ward. Lots of memories: scout camp, girls camp, music festivals, roadshows, walking home from mutual along the railroad tracks, primary, mutual, seminary, our wonderful Bishops and leaders. We held our own in sports and road shows. There were even some crushes and couples within our ward. Most of us stayed around until we got married too. I hope when you are looking at these pictures you will smile and remember.

Send pictures to:
cheriehardy@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherie!
I'm not even a 3rd Ward-er, unless you want to go back to 1960 ~ right after our dad's finished building the stake center ~ but later I was split into the 7th Ward. But we all knew each other from seminary, high school, girl's camp, roadshows, music festivals ~ I have never seen a stake since those old days in Whittier, where all the kids in the stake knew each other like we did! What a special time. I miss it. We all had a blast. I love all of those pictures! Especially the one of Darrell with the blue "suit" with the belt around the vest/jacket/thingy. THAT is just so cool I can't stand it. I wonder if he can still do a backflip from a standing position! (Actually, he probably can.) The Weight brothers are so darling! And Cherie, I love you so much ~ you were so adoreable and so much fun! I absolutely love the photo from Harold's funeral. SO sorry I didn't know when it was...the grapevine doesn't always make it to Laguna Beach. Thank you for your efforts to put this together. The nostalgia was FABulous.
Love, Beth Haskins Sand